Brexit dilemma: Har...

Notifications
Clear all

Brexit dilemma: Hard brexit, Soft brexit, No brexit at all  

West A
Admin
(@aventra701)

If anyone has been following Brexit negotiations of recent, you would perhaps have learnt the decadence of British democracy with respect to the result of the 23 June 2016 EU referendum.

Blatant disregard, total lack of respect for democracy vote result, allegations and counter allegations, threats, propaganda, willingness to overturn the referendum result by offering a new EU referendum or the so-called People's Vote, and the often unguarded open utterances from both EU Politicians and British Politicians calling for the withdrawal of Article 50, or no Brexit at all, speaks volume about these Political Artists.  People like British PM Theresa May, EU Council President Donald Tusk, EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker, EU Chief Negotiator Michael Barnier, UK Brexit Secretary Stephen Barclay, PM's Europe Adviser and Chief Negotiator Olly Robbins, Labour Leader Jeremy Corbyn, and others.

Two missed Brexit dates: 29 March 2019 and 12 April 2019 after more than two years of wasted Brexit negotiations which had resulted in the resignations of notable figures like former Secretaries of State for Exiting the European Union - David Davis and Dominic Raab, former Foreign Secretary - Boris Johnson, et al.

I am a Political neutral person and I didn't vote for EU referendum however, I opined that people's will as expressed in the result of the 2016 EU referendum result should be respected no matter what.  The implication of this is: people will lose interest in Democratic rules and it could at worse leads to civil unrest which is not in anyone's interest.

I firmly understand the needs to protect the British economy, renewed Britain relationship with the EU, protect British jobs, protect Britain security, among other concerns.

Now am hearing Hard Brexit, Soft Brexit, No Brexit, contentious Irish backstop, hard border, soft border, no border, deal, no+deal brexit, £39b divorce settlement, Norway plus, Norway minus, Switzerland style, Canada plus, Brexiteers, anti-brexit, pro-brexit, eurosceptic, etc.  What exactly does these mean?  To a layman, what exactly does Britain want from EU?

Customs Union, Trade Agreement, Freedom of Movement, Jurisdiction, Fishing rights, Agriculture, ECHR, and other stuffs are what are at stake.

1 Reply
Wizkid101
Admin
(@wizkid101)

Brexit (Britain's Exit from the European Union) is such a thorny issue and has again claimed the head of another Prime Minister - Theresa May following her dramatic resignation on Friday 24 May 2019 in which she announced that her resignation as Party Leader will take effect on 7 June 2019.  She stated that she would remain in office as Prime Minister until a successor is chosen after the Conservative Party elects a new leader in July 2019.

The other high price victim was David Cameron.

Share: