Epson Printer Error Code 0X9A
Epson Printer Error Code 0X9A is categorized as the hexadecimal format of error. This error code format is used by Windows and its compatible driver vendors and software. Generally, vendors use this code to detect the cause of the error. This Epson printer error 0X9a comes with a technical description along with a numeric error code.
Causes of Epson Printer Error Code 0x9A:-
Such an error can occur due to faults in the carriage as a result of an obstruction inside the printer. Debris or pieces of paper might get stuck within the paper tray and cause this issue too. A dirty or dislocated encoder strip, misplaced printer assembly, bent or damaged rails can cause Epson Printer Error Code 0X9A.
In rare cases, this error occurs due to hardware defects, such as a faulty printer belt or gear, carriage driver motor, broken printhead, or a carriage PCB. Moreover, many Epson users have reported that the problem arises from a faulty sensor or control board of the printer.
Effective Ways to Eliminate Epson Printer Error Code 0x9A:-
Have a glance at how to fix Epson printer error code 0x9A manually.
Method 1: Clean the Printer
- At first, cancel all the printing jobs processed from your computer and open the top cover of the printer.
- Now, look inside the printer carefully for dirt, debris, paper pins, staple pins, scraps of paper, etc.
- Then, pull out the stuck-in objects gently from the output tray as well as the sheet feeder.
- Once done, tap on the Start button to resume the printing task for some time.
- If you notice that the Epson product still shows an error then follow the next step.
- Now, tap on the Power button to turn off the printer.
- Once done, lift the scanner unit as well as remove the jammed paper as well as any torn pieces.
- Now, make the scanner unit lower as well as press the power button to turn on the printer.
- After that, follow all the paper loading instructions to load new papers.
- Finally, take a test printout to ensure that the printer is printing correctly and isn’t displaying the error code 0x9A.
Method 2: Check the Printer’s Carriage
Lift the top cover of the Epson printer to check whether the carriage is moving automatically or not. If the carriage does not move, then try to move it manually.
If you can’t, then blow compressed air inside the compartment of the printer to remove the dirt therein. Put back the lid and power on the printer to see whether the Epson printer error code 0x9A is gone or not.
Method 3: Clean the Encoder Strip
An encoder strip is a plastic strip that the printer’s carriage uses to read its speed and position. Epson printer error code 0x9A can occur if the encoder strip is dirty. Thus, you need to inspect it and clean it to resolve the problem.
We have discussed below how to clean the encoder strip:
- Turn off the printer and remove its top lid.
- Soak a soft cleaning cloth into the ink clean solution.
- Lift the encoder strip on the left side and wipe it gently with the cleaning cloth.
- Wipe away the leftover ink from the encoder strip leaving aside the sections covered by the printhead.
- Be very careful so that the ink solution does not drip into the printer. Otherwise, you wipe it with a dry cleaning cloth to prevent internal damages.
Note that, pulling or rubbing the encoder strip harshly can cause damage to it making it operate incorrectly.
Method 4: Reset the Printer
Resetting the printer often resolves many minor to major technical glitches. Thus, reset your printer by the following steps and check whether it solves the problem or not.
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cable from it.
- Keep the printer in that state for at least 5 minutes and press the power button.
- Hold the power button for a minute to drain the residual power with the printer.
- Alternatively, you can press and hold the ‘Stop, Left Arrow, Home, and On’ buttons simultaneously on the printer.
- Then, do not release these buttons until the printer is completely turned off.
- Plug back the power cable to the printer and connect it to a power outlet.
- Then, press and hold the power button to turn on the printer.
- As the printer turns on, the LCD screen of your printer displays ‘FW Update Mode.’
- Choose ‘Update Devices,’ tap ‘Firmware’ and press the ‘Update’ button below the screen.
- A progress bar will appear on the LCD screen stating the status of firmware reset.
- The progress bar disappears once the update is completed. Tap on the ‘Finished’ button to end the process.
- As the LCD screen displays the firmware information, press the ‘OK’ button to turn off the printer.
- Now, press the red triangle in the circle labeled ‘Stop’ and the ‘Left Arrow’ on the printer.
- Finally, press the ‘Home’ button on the left side of the LCD screen to return to the main menu.
- Now, take a print test to see that you have resolved the problem successfully.
I hope, you are going to remove Epson Printer Error Code 0X9A by the solutions emphasized in this article. If none of the solutions work for you, then your printer seems to have hardware issues.
Therefore, consult with a technical expert without waiting further and let him look after this matter and fix it immediately.