As the colder months creep in, our bodies become increasingly vulnerable to falling sick, due to external pollutants and stress-related issues causing our immune system to weaken.
Therefore we should use this time of the year to find effective ways to boost our immune system and to help us safeguard the body against some of the common issues such as cold, flu, fever, congestion and many other respiratory problems.
Make Aromatherapy your first line of defence this winter.
Although there are many products out there that can assist you in building immunity, using pure essential oils is one of the most effective and efficient ways to keep yourself well & safe. Essential Oils are derived through steam distillation from different parts of plants, and they come with a copious amount of healing properties.
Essential Oils have inherent properties such as being antiseptic, antifungal, antibacterial, relieve colds & congestions etc due to which they help keep us safe from infections. These oils also support stimulating the immune system and clearing indoor air of pollutants. Apart from the obvious, they also help reduce stress & anxiety, therefore, making our healing process faster.
Some of the powerful essential oils that can be used for improving immunity are:
- Rosemary Essential Oil: Rosemary Essential Oil is excellent for warming sinuses and relieving headaches. It can be very useful in treating fungal and bacterial infections. It can also be used to soothe body pain, clear brain fog & help focus. BUY NOW FOR INR 695
- Lemon Essential Oil: Diffuse 5 – 6 drops of lemon Essential Oil in your room every day! This will help to boost the body’s immune system and stimulate the production of white blood cells – thereby increasing your ability to fight off illness. BUY NOW FOR INR 395
- Tea Tree Essential Oil: Tea tree essential oil is an immune system stimulant, known for its potency and anti-fungal properties. The antibacterial properties of Tea Tree will help clear your sinuses and fight off germs. BUY NOW FOR INR 595
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil: This oil is extremely helpful in relieving problems such as cold, congestion and cough. When applied to the chest, it has amazing effects in decongestion (although please be careful to dilute in a base oil when applying on the skin). Also, if used in steam inhalation, this oil can assist in clearing chest congestions easily. BUY NOW FOR INR 395
- Thyme Essential Oil: This oil is one of the strongest anti-bacterial essential oils and acts as an antispasmodic when to help reduce coughing along with fight infection. (Thyme Essential Oil is very strong, please maintain caution when applying on skin, dilution ratio should be reduced to 1% also in steam inhalation only 1 minute is more than sufficient) BUY NOW FOR INR 895
HOW TO USE :
- Add 4 – 5 drops to the diffuser/ humidifier in your room
- Add 2 drops of Essential oil to a basin of warm water and use for steam inhalation.
Mix 30 drops of the Essential Oil in 50 ml of base oil and apply. For kids under 5, reduce it to 10 drops in 50 ml of base oil.
- PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE OILS IF PREGNANT
These essential oils can be used to protect the immune system on a physical, mental and spiritual level. In order to take maximum benefits of essential oils make sure that the oils you buy are from reliable sources that you trust, do your research on the brand and the owners to make an informed decision.
The thumb rule to keep in mind for all Essential Oil usage is the dilution should be kept at 3%. Essential Oils are very strong and potent and should be used sparingly. Please maintain caution on usage.
You can also find us at farmers markets in different cities, at The Earth Collective by Meenu Nageshwaran in New Delhi, at Luke Coutinho’s Farmers Markets in Bangalore and Mumbai.
Should you need any further assistance on usage and finding the right essential oil for yourself feel free to reach out to us on [email protected]kiessentials.com or reach out to us on +91 95990 80825.