Immunity is something that cannot be achieved overnight. Our body is exposed to several toxins, viruses, and bacteria every single day given we live in a very polluted world. Some we can avoid and some damage our immunity. Set yourself a routine with the right kind of diet and exercises to stay fit, avoid stress, and promote a healthy mind and body.
The 5 things that affect the immunity are-
- Exposure to pollution and toxins
- An unhealthy diet
- Lack of sleep
- Lack of exercise
Boost your immunity with these essential oils-
1. Lavender Essential Oil-
This oil is versatile in nature and has a long list of benefits. Lavender Essential Oil promotes better sleep, relieves stress, calms, soothes, nurtures and encourages balance in the body. Stress contributes to a big factor for lowered immunity and lavender oil thus proves beneficial for an immunity boost. This oil is also a natural anti-inflammatory, anti-allergenic, antibacterial, anti-fungal and has a number of other amazing properties!
2. Lemon Essential Oil-
It is a storehouse of nutrients and benefits the body and mind in multiple ways. Lemon Essential Oil rich in antibacterial properties and reduces the growth of harmful bacteria. This is the reason why lemon essential oil is used as an ingredient for cleaning purposes. It also uplifts the mood and boosts energy levels of the body. It stimulates the immune system and has antiviral, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties! Always remember to not apply before stepping out in the Sun.
3. Eucalyptus Essential Oil-
This oil is fantastic for stimulating the immune system and is used extensively to fight airborne infections, its a potent antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral. It has always been associated to benefit people with respiratory troubles and helps in decongestion. Eucalyptus Essential Oil is known to help relieve pain, inflammation and clears mental fatigue!
4. Peppermint Essential Oil-
The oil is super stimulating for the immune system and has antibacterial, antiviral, antioxidant and anti-fungal properties. It is used for soothing numerous issues such as headaches, clearing congestion, indigestion, fighting fatigue, uplifting mood! It is known to be effective in strengthening the body and boosting immunity to fight away common flu, fever, and viral cold.
5. Tea Tree Essential Oil-
Every household must have a bottle of this oil. Tea Tree is well suited to diffusion as an aerial antiseptic. It has an outstanding effect on a wide spectrum of microorganisms. It has antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial and immune-stimulating properties along with many others. This is helpful to fight against respiratory illnesses and can be used in steaming to soothe discomfort. It’s also a very commonly known solution to acne and dandruff.
6. Ginger Essential Oil-
This oil supports the immune response and has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and warm properties. It is known to help in clearing out excess mucus from the respiratory system. Apart from these Ginger Essential oil is used extensively for relief from pain, spasms and inflammation along with relief from digestive issues. Get yours now!
7. Clove Leaf Oil–
It has antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal properties and is known to be an Immune stimulant. It is known for its anti-inflammatory, pain relieving, calming and stress relieving properties. Its warming effects help strengthen the body and provide comfort.
8. Frankincense Essential Oil-
Frankincense essential oil was traditionally reserved for use in religious services. Today, it is often used during yoga classes or meditation retreats. When used aromatically, frankincense essential oil has been known to reduce heart rate and high blood pressure, which can alleviate symptoms of stress and anxiety. Frankincense can be used in blends designed to maintain and enhance health, and support the immune system. It blends well with Lavender, Tea Tree, Lemon, and/or Vetiver. It may have antiviral potential given the high percentage of alpha-pinene.
9. Orange Essential Oil-
With its antibacterial and good antioxidant actions, anti-inflammatory effects, and activating, tonic impact on the mind and body, Orange essential oil can be used to help support the immune system and promote well-being.
Orange Essential Oil is also exceedingly helpful in soothing, calming and uplifting the mind. It is known to act as a sedative and calm an overactive mind!
How to use:
When blending Essential Oils please keep in mind the dilution ratio, 3 to 5% dilution in a base or carrier oil, refer to the attached dilution chart in the link below to understand the number of drops.
For Facial Skin – 0.7 to 2%Body Massage – 1.5 to 3%Pain Relief – 5 – 7%(To make it easier mix about 50 drops of the Essential Oil in 50 ml of carrier oil for pain relief)
Few things you should know
- Fragrance oils aren’t Essential Oils (read labels carefully)
- Essential Oils are highly concentrated, use them sparingly and carefully
- When Pregnant skip Essential oil usage, especially in the first trimester
- Always do a patch test, if you are allergic to the plant – you will be allergic to the EO
- Make sure you are using high quality 100% Pure Essential Oils
- Keep Essential Oils away from direct heat and sunlight and they can last over years!
- It’s perfectly fine to be confused when using EO’s the first time, reach out to people to clear your doubtsThe thumb rule to keep in mind for all Essential Oil usage is the dilution should be kept at 3%. Essential Oils are very strong and potent and should be used sparingly. Please maintain caution on usage.You can also find us at farmers markets in different cities, at The Earth Collective by Meenu Nageshwaran in New Delhi, at Horizon Plaza Artisinal Market HandpickedbyPC, at Luke Coutinho’s Farmers Markets in Bangalore and Mumbai.Shop for all products from Meraki Essentials hereShould you need any further assistance on usage and finding the right essential oil for yourself feel free to reach out to us on [email protected] or reach out to us on +91 95990 80825.Disclaimer:This information is not intended as diagnosis, treatment or prescription for any disease, nor is it presented as an alternative to regular medical attention. Please note very few modern medical research studies have been conducted to be able to affirm or disapprove the effects of essential oils. If medical attention is indicated please contact a health professional.