For the longest time, the falling weight deflectometer has been used to evaluate the ground’s physical properties. However, it offers some restrictions to the user due to its size and weight. Enter the light weight deflectometer, which is the lighter, more compact, and portable version of its predecessor. High-quality light falling weight deflectometers have revolutionized dynamic load plate testing of soil’s bearing capacity through their wireless operation via Bluetooth.
Here are more benefits of the light weight deflectometer:
- Complies with known standards – The device allows you to do the dynamic load plate test based on ASTM E2835-11.
- No cable, no problem – With the wireless light weight deflectometer, you do not have to worry about repairs for the load plate’s socket, which is typically the falling weight deflectometer’s weakness. Moreover, wires will not be getting in the way the dynamic load plate procedure. Measurements are delivered from the load plate to the measuring computer via Bluetooth. The device is also compatible with a tablet or smartphone using an app.
- Built for the construction site – The light weight deflectometer has a rugged construction that makes it capable of surviving the toughest conditions in a construction site. Because the measuring device is far from the load plate, there is no need to worry about its mechanics being affected by vibrations. A glass lid ensures weatherproofing to the sensitive components of the device.
- Increased focus for measurements – When the measuring device is far from you, you can effectively handle the load plate device with both your hands. Keep the smartphone away as the measuring mode is controlled independently by the load plate’s LED.
- Speedy data transmission – Measurements using your smartphone can be delivered through email in real-time to your office or to the client as a PDF file.
- Take pictures – With your smartphone and the app, you can take photos of the test point and attach them into the protocol.
- Convenient features – The light weight deflectometer comes with a GPS system that delivers satellite photo illustration, and an integrated printer that lets you print the results on the spot. The USB drive lets you transfer the data to your PC, and an internal memory lets you store tests automatically.
- Warranty – You can get a one-year warranty with the device if you get it from a reputable retailer or manufacturer.
About the Author:
TERRATEST GmbH is a world leader in the development and manufacturing of Light Weight Deflectometers for dynamic load plate test. They offer the world’s first light weight deflectometer “TERRATEST 5000 BLU” with Bluetooth and voice navigation. For more information about their products, visit their website!