Pain is a common health issue that is experienced by most of us. The hectic and busy life of ours makes it very hard for one to take out time for maintaining a good health and well being. Most of the time we are living a sedentary life with very little movement. Long hours of desk work and improper sitting posture at work can largely contribute to causing the issue of pain in people. Living with any form of pain and discomfort in the body can be very hard. It can affect the way we work and function. Thus, it is very important that we take measures that will help in improving the health and well being of the person. The use of Carisoprodol for enhancing and improving pain in people is highly recommended. It has a rapid action and helps with managing pain within 30 minutes of taking the analgesic. However, there are a certain DAE guidelines that one should be aware of before taking the muscle relaxer. This will help in experiencing the best benefits from the muscle relaxer and also keep side effects at bay. So this blog focuses on getting a clear idea on the use of Carisoprodol and the guidelines to be followed by the DAE for the right use of the muscle relaxer.
Carisoprodol benefits and action
The Carisoprodol is a popular muscle relaxer that is approved by the FDA for helping with short-term acute pain. It is popularly known as Soma and is the brand version of the analgesic. The use of the Soma muscle relaxer is commonly recommended for body pain occurring from factors such as-
- Muscle pain
- Tooth decay
- Labor pain
- Discomfort from intense work out
- Back pain
- From improper posture
- Tendon and ligament tear
The exact mode of action that is involved in the working and functioning of the analgesic is still unclear. It is believed to function by blocking the sensation of pain from the affected part of the body from reaching the brain receptor of the person. Thus the person is not able to experience the sensation of pain any longer. The Carisoprodol on reaching the body gets metabolized in the liver to form meprobamate. Both Carisoprodol and its metabolite are very effective in helping manage pain for 5 to 6 hours from a single dose of the analgesic. Depending on the pain severity and intensity one can take Soma bout 3 to 4 times a day.
The Carisoprodol is categorized as a schedule IV analgesic. It is means that the possibility of dependency from Soma is very low. However, if not take the right way it can cause adverse effects in the user. The use of Soma should not be done without consulting a physician.
Carisoprodol risk potency
The use of Carisoprodol is considered as safe. It can be taken by people of all gender and almost all age. However, there are certain factors that should be taken into consideration while taking the analgesic. This will help to ensure that one gets the best benefits from the analgesic. Some of the risk factors that one should take into consideration while taking Carisoprodol are-
- It should not be taken with other compounds and treatments. This can cause interactions that can lower the efficacy of Soma. Thus, taking for Soma to show positive effect in the user.
- The use of the analgesic is recommended for short-term use and therefore should not be taken for more than three continuous weeks. Long-term use of the analgesic can cause dependency in the user.
- People with kidney, liver and heart disorder are not advised to take the analgesic without consulting a doctor.
- Pregnant and lactating women should avoid the use of Soma to ensure the proper growth and development of their babies.
- It should be taken orally
- One should take it as a whole without breaking or crushing it.
- Overdosing is not advised
- People above the age of 65 years and below 17 years should refrain from taking the muscle relaxer.
Thus these guidelines ensure the right benefit and potency of the Soma muscle relaxer.