In the field of printing today, unfortunately, there is still a printing method that satisfies all the requirements that the orders give. But in each different case, there is an optimal printing method with outstanding features, ensuring customer satisfaction.
As for the problem of printing on fabrics, more specifically here, t-shirt printing, often customers will ask the question which printing method should be the most secure? This depends on the fabric material as well as the different uses of each product to provide the most suitable solution. If you are searching for local t shirt printing near me then you will get us on first position.
Here is some information about the methods of printing decals on fabrics so that customers have the best overview to know which printing method they should choose for their products in the future.
Method of printing t-shirt with heat transfer paper
When applying heat transfer printing, a high resolution image is required. People will print the image on a special paper called thermal paper. Then put the printing paper on the shirt and proceed to print it with a heat press machine.
– Used for small orders.
The printing operations are not too complicated.
– The quality of the image printed on the shirt is quite good.
– Good for color designs on t-shirts.
– Do not spend too much money.
– The image printed on the shirt does not stay for too long, so it is often applied to garments with a short shelf life. For example, exhibition shirts, conference shirts, quick contest shirts, etc.
– Difficult to show on some fabrics with darker colors.
Thermal transfer printing is widely used.
T-shirt printing method with sublimation heat transfer printing
This printing method is only used on synthetic fabrics. Technique of transferring ink to pressure through pressing system. The printing process uses decal paper. The method is suitable for printing large quantities, printing uniforms or printing low-cost products.
– Gives very good image quality.
– Colors are perfectly represented, more durable.
Printing costs are not high.
– Can only be printed on shirts made of polyester – synthetic fibers.
– Only print on light-colored shirts, not on dark shirts.
T-shirt printing method with Vinyl heat transfer (heat transfer decal)
When done, use a cutter to shape the required images and textures from a flat sheet. Then continue using a heat press to glue the cut onto the shirt. Reference: Thermal transfer printing decal
The cutouts are glued onto the shirt and printed using a heat press.
The method is suitable for printing letters, characters or contrasting colors.
– High-quality printing products.
– When printing the image on the shirt, it feels quite thick and bulky on the shirt.
– Only suitable for production of limited quantity designs.
Plastisol transfer printing method
Actually, plastisol is the name of a high-end ink that is widely used today. According to this printing method, to create an image, the ink will be printed on a piece of transfer paper before reaching the surface of the garment, not directly on the garment. The method is suitable for printing uniforms and protective clothing in large quantities.
Plastisol is the name of a high-end ink that is widely used today.
– Applicable to fabrics with light or dark background colors.
– Used for cases that need to run large quantities of printing.
Completely solve complex multi-color designs.
Compared with other transfer printing methods, this method gives higher quality.
– The cost of printing is quite cheap.
The biggest drawback to this way of printing is that the printing cost will be charged for each different color in the design. If it is a simple design, it may be cheap, but if it is a complex, colorful design, it is a different story.
Direct t-shirt printing method
That is, to get a printed image on the shirt, there is no need to go through a thermal transfer paper anymore. This technology uses a direct-to-print (DTG) type of printer to print directly onto clothing.
Direct printing technique does not need to print through transfer paper.
– Produce detailed and beautiful print quality.
– Full color printing.
– Print on both light and dark fabrics.
– Used for small quantity printing.
– Best printed on cotton spandex.
– The cost of direct printers is quite high as well as large maintenance costs, so it has not been applied much.
– Not suitable for bulk orders.
Screen printing method (silkscreen printing)
This is a traditional manual printing method. Color and ink are printed onto the shirt through a grid.
The screen printing method allows color and ink to be printed onto the shirt through a mesh screen.
– Simple and fast printing method.
– Printed products have high aesthetics, extremely harmonious colors.
– Suitable for high volume printing.
– Print on all types of t-shirts with a variety of colors and different textures.
– Should only be applied to printing in large quantities, while printing in small quantities will be quite expensive.
– Better to print for detailed, complex designs.
– Compared to direct inkjet printing, the quality is even lower.